Friday, July 5, 2013

Fourth State of the Union Address


Readers, it is my honor to welcome you for the fourth time to yet another State of the Union Address (SUA). This is the one time in a great while that I take some time off of writing the articles you all love so much and speak to the readers themselves. Here I celebrate new milestones this website has made and talk about some changes I will be implementing.
So, what's the occasion? Well besides the fact that I'm now at a regular 500+ readers per month, this month marks the one year anniversary of this blog's existence!


And damn has this blog come a long way since then (I don't recommend reading anything before January 2013). Thank you all for helping me get this far. The faithful 500 of you that actually take time out of your lives to read this shit is a big motivation for me. It's exhilarating to think that my monthly readers outnumber the entire Roman Spartan army (yes, I know there were more than 300 of them).

So then what new things can you expect? Well, actually I'm going to ask something of you. But hey, I think the Joker can explain it better than I can.


If you didn't get all that, I'm in the market for taking on a new writer and have one or two spots open for hire. I've been wanting to change it up a little and get some new talent in the field. I'll lay out the application. If you're interested in applying, email me the prerequisites as outlined here at thesimoncullen@gmail.com

The Application:

1.) I need to have some validation that you're A.) A real person and B.) Not a serial rapist or whatever. Anything like simply linking a facebook page would be enough. I'm not going to use the information we just want to get some idea of what you are. 

2.) [Optional] A list of three movies you like. Doesn't have to be your favorite movies and you don't need to say anything in their defense, just a list.

3.) [Optional] How do you spend your time on the internet? A few sentences on what you enjoy doing.

4.) A formal review of the film Prometheus (preferably Prometheus, but if some other movie absolutely possess you, feel free). Can be as short or as long as you want. Just talk about what you think about the film and express thoughts or ideas it may have conjured. Choose your own tone be it humorous or serious. You don't have to pander to my liking and give a review similar to mine, matter of fact, it'd be silly for me to go hiring writers that are all exactly like me. We just want to see that you have some writing ability.

And that's it. Again, just write all of it out in an email and send it to thesimoncullen@gmail.com.

Thank you for all of the time you all spend reading here. I'd love to see this blog expand further and take on new talent. Here's to a hopeful future and excited to be working with you.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment